How to make a complaint

More than anything, we want what we do to be the very best that can be done. If you are unhappy about any aspect of treatment or service you and your child has received from Birmingham Children's Hospital, we want to know. Please tell us.

Making a complaint or raising a concern will not adversely affect the treatment and care your child receives.

A complaint can be made by a patient or person affected or likely to be affected by the actions or decisions of the Birmingham Children's Hospital.

A complaint can also be made by someone acting on behalf of the patient or person, with their consent. Please use the form at the end of this page. Or, if you prefer, you can contact the Complaints Department:

Complaints Service
Patient Experience/PALS Team
Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
Steelhouse Lane

B4 6NH

0121 333 8403

If you are a sign language user you might also be interested in watching this video from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman which uses sign language to give tips on how to complain to the NHS.

But what if I am unhappy with the hospital's response?

We will always do our best to act on what you tell us, and make good any shortcomings you feel there are. But if you are still unhappy, the National Health Service is committed to listening to patients and families who want to complain about a hospital's decision. The Health Service Ombudsman is responsible for this "second tier" of health-related complaint handling, and can be contacted at:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Complaints Helpline Tel: 0345 015 4033



Complaints Form

Please note: If you have problems submitting this form please contact us. 

Before sending, we need to make sure you're not a computer.

Vist our Fundraising website