How we support and develop you
We want you to love coming to work - so much so that we have a dedicated Staff Experience team which works tirelessly to support, develop and enhance your experience at work.
As a key member of our hospital team, you will benefit from:
- Opportunities to get actively involved in decision making about the hospital’s future at a number of hospital wide activities and events
- An annual Personal Development Review appraisal with your manager
- Opportunities to learn and develop through our innovative personal development programmes (eg communication skills and conflict resolution) and suite of leadership and management courses, coaching and mentoring
- Access to free health and wellbeing activities, such as our ‘Mission SlimPossible’ slimming club, mindfulness sessions and much more
- Our Ambassador for Cultural Change who can support you in raising a concern safely without fear or repercussion
We are very proud that in recent surveys 95% of our staff said they would recommend us as a place for care and 76% would recommend us as a place to work - some of the highest figures in the country.
We are even more proud of the feedback we get about our staff from families and young people:
“The whole atmosphere and friendliness of the ward and staff was excellent. Superb care. Nothing too much trouble! Thank you.”
“The staff here are phenomenal, everyone was friendly and pleasant.”
“I can’t commend the staff enough, from the domestic right through to the consultants, an outstanding team.”
0121 333 8375